Participants learn best by incorporating their personal experiences with training and by applying what they learn to real-life situations. Our experienced facilitators incorporate a variety of accelerated learning techniques, role-plays, simulations, discussions and lectures within each course. This ensures that the learning will appeal to all learning styles and will be retained.
- Module One: Effective Negotiators Prepare
When do you negotiate? Identify and create negotiable moments. Case study: The battle for the budget. Understand yourself. Understand the other side. Develop your alternatives.
- Module Two: Effective Negotiators Listen
Be a good listener. Listen to build a relationship. Uncover “hidden” messages. What do you do with what you hear? Maintaining your composure.
- Module Three: Effective Negotiators Persuade
Your roadmap. Acknowledge mutual needs. Be silent. Concede on unimportant items. Apply your leverage appropriately. Deflect “dirty” tactics . Respond ethically but assertively. End the negotiation.
Key Learning Benefits
- Develop an effective plan and strategy for any negotiation
- Recognize interests and issues and avoid unnecessary positions
- Become more persuasive
- Use techniques that draw information from the other party
- Minimize conflicts and deadlocks
- Ask and answer questions to control the negotiations
- Deflect personal, hostile, or irrelevant objections by reestablishing common ground in the negotiations
- Create a list of concessions that can be “given” during the negotiation to use as bargaining tools
- Read body language, facial expressions, and other signals to uncover “hidden” messages
- Neutralize manipulative tactics
- Maximize closure opportunities